Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today

I just got back from the RS broadcast tonight and felt totally uplifted. It is so nice to be able to sit in a conference meeting and be able to completely listen and focus. I thought it was fabulous and especially LOVED President Uchdorf's talk. He talked about how women have a tendency to feel inadequate. He said when his wife cooks a delicious and beautiful meal she always ends up apologizing for something and saying, "Next time I'll add less ginger." I find myself doing the same thing. I loved what he said about creating as well. I hadn't really thought about it in that way, but we have the opportunity to create things all day long every day. I'm excited to read it again.

I also liked Sister Allred's talk about the temple. It was fitting for me when she told the story about all the people who sacrificed so much to take the five day bus ride from Costa Rica to the Mesa temple because we went to the Columbus temple today. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive for us and we had to leave by six o clock to make the 9 o clock session. I found myself grumbling about it and thinking that it was such a process to get there, keep the girls entertained, try to keep from falling asleep in the session, and then run out right after so Scott could make the next session. Ultimately it is just such a blessing that we are able to drive there and have a wonderful experience. I'm determined that next time we go I'll have a better attitude (and go to a later session) because I'm grateful to have a temple. I love going. Speaking of temples... My Dad was recently called as the first counselor in the Salt lake Temple Presidency and my Mom the assistant matron. THey'll start November 1st. They will do a wonderful job and I'm excited for them to have this great experience. I'm also excited that this calling doesn't require a move anywhere! :) I know they'll be busy, but I'm sure it will be a blessing for our whole family.

On the way home from the temple we stopped at some great outlet malls and found some cute fall clothes for the girls. They each picked out a dress of course, and weren't too thrilled about the jeans I got them. We'll see if I can get them to wear them! These outlets had a fun train station at them so we all went on a 15 minute train ride. The girls thought it was SO exciting and they even got a free train whistle for being so cute! We ended up having a lot of fun and staying a while. I'm sure we'll frequent these outlets on the way home from our temple trips often!

9 comments:

Janelle said...

Tonight's broadcast was really good. The best I've been to in about 5 years. Elder Uchtdorf's talk was definitely my favorite, but I liked all the others as well, for different reasons that I won't expound upon in a comment.

Next time you go to the temple, check out this little gem. We make a stop each time we go down (we go to the Feder Road location...it's less than three miles away).

{owens} said...

Katie, congrats on the new little one! It will be exciting to see what it is!

bryce and paige said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! I can't wait to find out what you're having! The girls are going to be such cute big sisters. I keep trying to tell Lucy that there is a baby in my tummy but every time I ask her where the baby is she just says, "I don't know?" Like, 'duh Mom I don't see a baby anywhere!' So sorry that you've been sick too, has it let up yet? I still feel extreme nausea some nights and subtle nausea throughout the most days, I wish it would just end. Hope you're feeling better though! Good Luck!

Ashley said...

I agree, I loved elder Uchdorf's talk, it was so uplifting.

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness I haven't even been to the temple since Max was born! At least you made the effort. The broadcast last night totally spoke to me too.

Hinton Family said...

You guys are amazing. I am so imporessed that you go through all that to go to the temple. it makes me feel so terrible that we don't make a bigger effort because we have temples so close. You have inspired us!!!

Tyson and Marie said...

Congratulations Katie! I am so excited for you! I am due March 30th so we will be going through everything about the same time! You are definately the pro though. I was sick too....actually I still am some days but am feeling much better. That is so awesome!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on number 3! I'm so excited for you guys. I've really been enjoying going through the "pregnancy" motions again of anticipating a new child in the family. I hope that you are feeling well, and that the Lord is blessing you and your family. Your girls look so cute, and you and Scott look so happy. I hope that Ohio is treating you well. Take care!

lindsay Roscoe said...

We in Salt Lake really take how close the Temples are to us for granted.