Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Girls!




Maddie Sue:

Our little Maddie has become quite the character lately. She is a really good and sweet little girl. If she ever does anything naughty she always feels bad and says sorry right away. If I even mention going to time out, she acts like a little angel immediately! She is super sensitive and you can always tell when she is about to cry or get worked up over something. She gets this look on her face that is priceless! She has started doing silly dances all day and she'll just suddenly strike a pose and say, "STATUE!" She LOVES to sing and is singing songs constantly. She loves to go on errands with me and loves to go shopping already! She keeps me laughing and has an even tempered little personality that I am grateful for! She LOVES to wear jackets and wants one on everyday- even inside. She loves bubble baths and every night we have to sing the same four songs before she goes to bed. A round of this Hallelujah song, the Clifford theme song, I am a Child of God, and the Maddie and Bella song- in that order! She is usually pretty good about sharing with Bella-sometimes after a little persuasion- but she has a kind little soul. Her favorite color is definitely PINK! She still calls herself "Mimi" for some reason, but it is kind of cute. She's also getting a little better about trying new foods- especially if I tell her that they will make her body healthy like the word of wisdom says! :) (She has no idea what that means, but for some reason it works!) She is always concerned about where Bella is and what she is doing. If she wakes up from her nap first, she talks about going to wake up Bella and play with Bella constantly. She is such a sweet little girl and we just adore her!


Bella Joan:


We love our Bella! She is a little firecracker! She has become my little "buddy" lately because for some reason she ALWAYS wants me to hold her or sit on my lap. She always says, "Mom, I wanna hold you." (They kind of get the pronouns all mixed up still!) She loves to snuggle. She has developed her mom's sweet tooth- BIG TIME! I hope I haven't ruined her because she talks about having treats all day long. Right when she wakes up she'll say, "Mom- I wanna red Skittle!) She loves any kind of treat so that is usually my bribing method with her. She is a bit strong willed so if I really need her to do something I bribe with an M&M or something. (I know people think that it is bad to bribe your kids, but until they've had 2 year olds, I won't listen!) She has also developed a major OBSESSION with her pink dress. My mom sent these darling little pink dresses a few weeks ago and Bella absolutely loves it. She literally wants to wear it everyday and it causes major tantrums if I don't let her. I decided to just let her wear it over her other clothes when we're at our house, because I figured it wouldn't last that long. Well it has now been threes weeks of her wearing this little dress over her clothes EVERY day and even some nights over her pajamas. I thought it would pass by now!! Luckily she'll obey when I tell her we can't wear it when we are going anywhere! Who knew that we'd be dealing with clothing issues already! I've started letting the girls pick out what they want to wear a lot of the time (unless we are going somewhere that I want them to look the same and look cute!). Somedays they want to wear the same things, but a lot of the time they pick something totally different. They are growing up, and it is so fun, but at the same time makes me sad! Anyway, Bella is a good little eater and will try new things and likes most things. She loves to sing songs and has started liking puzzles a lot. She loves to dress up and be fancy (both the girls do really) and so we are usually wearing some kind of dress ups around. This picture demonstrates a typical day at our house. It seems like they change outfits 5 times each at least!

These girls are so good and fun. They keep life interesting and we love to take them and do fun things. They always amaze me with how smart they are and all they remember! I'm so proud of them and grateful for them in my life!

1 comment:

whitney said...

wow, they are getting so big! such cuties!