Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Kirksville or Bust!
Well, we made it to Kirksville, Missouri! This is our new home for the next couple of years. We had quite the experience getting here. It started with our moving day when our boxes and furniture got poured on (during the small "hurricane" that hit Provo) and we had to re pack everything and dry out all our furniture. I was sure the truck we had rented was too small, but somehow everything got in! Scott and his dad drove out to Kirksville and unloaded and set up most of our new place. They did so much work and everything looks great! I had no idea I married such a handy man... he's been building shelves, putting in blinds, making cribs etc. We have a great 3 bedroom condo (plenty of room for visitors!) Then Scott came back to Utah to fly out with the girls and me. Of course the day of our flight was the day of the terrorist threat on the flights from the UK to the US so no liquids were allowed in carry on bags. This added lots of extra security and lines, but we somehow made our flights. We were quite the spectacle hurrying through the airports with our 3 week old twins in baby bjorns on our chests and 4 bags and 2 car seats! We were interviewed by the news when we made it to Missouri (The girls first TV appearance) and we were also on the news in SLC. What a day! Then we had to drive to Kirksville which should have been about a 2 1/2 hour drive, but turned into a 5 hour drive by the time we stopped to feed the babies every 2 hours! WE MADE IT THOUGH! Our place is great, the ward will be wonderful, we have very sweet and helpful neighbors, and so far we are just trying to settle in with the girls. We are happy to be here and excited for Scott to start school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm glad you made it! Tell me BabyBjorns haven't saved your life! : ) I hope someone recorded your tv spots. I'd love to see them.
I would also like to see the tv spots. I also can't wait for more pictures of your family in and around Kirksville. Glad you guys made it okay!!
Katie! I miss you. I'm glad everything is going good and that you are settled in your new place. I want to hear all about everything. Keep me updated! Love you.
Loved all the posts! So good to hear that your little family is doing so well! It sounds like it was quite the adventure to get there! Please send pics of your new place!
Post a Comment