Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wonderful Visitors!!

We had the best week. On wednesday my mom flew out to come play with us. The girls were so excited when we picked her up from the airport. The weather was chilly all weekend so we didn't get to do any of the fun autumn outdoor things that I wanted to but we had a wonderful time. We took Grandma to our library storytime and play center. We had excursions to Michael's and Costco and Grandma spoiled the girls and myself a ton! The girls are already having withdrawals! She helped us stock up our food storage and got the girls some great fall crafts and stories. They had so much fun having grandma around and keep talking about going to her house for Christmas!


My sister in law Chantele drove over from South Bend for the weekend and it was a blast! Mike is in China with the MBA program for 2 weeks, so she came to stay for a couple days. She brought her dog Promise and he was so exciting for the girls! They couldn't get enough of him. They followed him around the whole time and kept giving him hugs and kisses. It turned into a fun girls weekend because Scott was on call at the hospital all day and night saturday so I was really glad to have visitors. We hit up the mall and did a little shopping. We tried to play at the park but got too cold! We watched girl movies and after my mom flew out on saturday Chantele and I took Maddie and Bella to Cheesecake Factory. We all had such a great time together and I'm so grateful for family. I miss them already and so do the girls. They can't figure out why we can't just go see them! I wish it were that easy. Anyway, thanks mom and Chantele for coming to see us. It was a highlight for all of us! We love you both!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heidi said...

hurray for family visitors and fun! That is nice your SIL lives within driving distance

blythe said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with family. Your house looks super cute. I love the girls bedroom!

Christine said...

wish i could of joined in the girls weekend:) And yes of course I want an invite!!

The Lunts said...

So fun! Cant wait to see you guys again soon! I want an incite as well! chantele.lunt@gmail.com

The Wilkins' said...

How fun - glad you had visitors! I hate trying to explain things like that to kids - like why they can't just hop in the car and see someone. It's been really hard with Liberty and her little friends. I just tell her they are at their new houses. It's so sad though! PS I bought that brown sweater dress for Libbs at Target too :) We probably won't have to/get to wear tights with it though :)