Monday, March 19, 2007

Time Out for Women

Time Out for Women

Last weekend I had the best experience at a Deseret Book Time out for Women in Kansas City! I honestly loved it and left feeling motivated and rejuvenated! They do these mini Women's conferences all over the country and it was well worth it. Scott finished his finals on that friday (hooray) and we headed off to Kansas City. We went with 2 other couples from Kirksville, the Roos' and Wrights'. Tami, Tobey and I went to the conference while our husbands watched the kids! It was so sweet of them and we all had so much fun together! We stayed at the Hyatt and it was super nice! After the conference we all ate at Cheesecake factory and shopped at the Plaza. We loved it!

At the time out there were some great speakers including Lloyd Newell, Sheri Dew, Stephen Robison, Jane Clayson Johnson, Sharon Larson, and others. Hillary Weeks was the host and she has some great songs she sang. There was another guy there (I can't remember his name) but he has this CD that is called Joseph: A Nashville Tribute and it is country-style songs about Joseph Smith and the early saints. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a true country girl and I actually loved it! I totally recommend it! Anyway, it was so nice to sit through a meeting without juggling babies and be able to just really listen! What a great thing! I have the greatest husband to let me do it!

We loved our weekend in Kansas city!

2 comments:

Ames Family said...

Sounds like a great experience!

Heidi said...

Fun I wish I could have gone to the Time Out here in Reno