Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cabin Fever?

Have you ever had big time cabin fever? This week I've been feeling a little stir crazy. I love my life and my family, but sometimes you just need some new scenery. I mean, honestly, how many times can I walk the Walmart aisles in a week? We have no mall and very few stores to wander around in. It is so cold that I hate to take the girls out anyway, because that double stroller is a workout to set up! I was ready to drive to Columbia today, but it was supposed to snow, so I didn't. Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else gets this way!
The next place we live must have the following essentials: 1. A close airport to fly home 2. Somewhere to get a really yummy salad (rumbi's, zuppas, or cafe rio preferably) 3. Some fun shopping (Not that I can spend the money, just for getting out and looking).
Scott has been studying so hard for a test this week (bless him), so he has been busy. The girls probably get a little bored of playing with mom all day, but tomorrow is Sunday (hooray) so that means I get a husband for the whole day!

Does this sound like a complainer? I didn't mean to...

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Even if you need to complain sometimes it's okay, we all like to know what is going on in your life. I wish I ever felt that way, but I dream of having time where I didn't have to go anywhere and can just stay in my home.Maybe when I am a momma I will be able to relate better.

I do agree living in a city with an airport is essential. Reno doesn't have that great of shopping, but we do have the airport thing going for us. Do you have a Target there? Just wondering. You guys will only be there for 2 years though right?

blythe said...

I totally get that way and there are lot of things close. Lately I feel like there is nothing to do on weekends except walk around the mall. We use to do that multiple times in a week. I guess I just feel like I need an overall change. I mean, come on, I've lived in Provo for almost 6 years!

Hinton Family said...

I completely understand. I am not good at staying in. I have to get out at leaast once a day. Even if it is just over to a friends of sisters house. Andrew also goes crazy being in all day. I am ready for some spring weather!

taryn said...

No, no, no...not a complainer! Sometimes you just need to vent. We all do. I find that when I write it down...or type it...in an email or a blog, it makes me feel so much better! And, I think we all think about the next place we will live and the requirements we have...whether it's on the town level or the apartment/house level. For me, my next place is going to have a washing machine. I know that doesn't to having an airport, or being able to shop, but that is my deal-breaker in my next apartment.

Sometimes a good book can be a temporary cure. (maybe) when I am reading a book that I am thrilled about, I don't want to think about anything else! Or, try lauren's style and get a new plant or flower for your indoor garden.

Ames Family said...

Yes I get it and there are TONS of stores around here...I think that it is just part of being a mommy. Which is the greatest job you could ever have! I have to remind myself sometimes that picking up hot dog off the floor, playing cars and barking like a dog really IS very productive!