Sunday, March 21, 2010

Catch up

It has been a BUSY couple months at the Rynearson house! I want to record a few of the things that have happened the past little while. This is going to be LONG.

February we got our match results, and learned that we're off to Columbus. We celebrated Valentine's for weeks around here with lots of packages for the kids from our wonderful family. Scott never disapoints on Valentines that is for sure. From a surprise massage at Ladies and Gentlemen salon to a voice recorded scavenger hunt it was a wonderful holiday.

We've been doing a babysitting exchange group with some friends and here are the girls with some of their friends all dressed up and decorating cupcakes.

March 4th is my wonderful hubby's birthday!! He turned 29 this year and we love him more than ever. He has nearly finished med school and that is a great accomplishment. We're so proud of him. I couldn't ask for a better husband or a more wonderful father for our kids! Poor scott will always have a pink birthday cake as long as the girls have anything to do with it. I had to make him an oreo cheesecake too though.
Scott might be mad at me for putting this picture up but I had to document this crazy thing. No, I didn't deck him in the eye. Scott woke up one day with a sore on his face and the next day it had turned into this.... His eye was nearly swollen shut and the whole side of his face was huge. He couldn't even smile. Luckily some antibiotics helped and he is nearly back to normal.


March 1st we put our house up on the market. We have spent months preparing for this,- decluttering, cleaning, painting, fixing up things and we were glad to finally get things rolling. When I drove up and saw the for sale sign in the front yard of our first house I was surprised at how sad I felt. It has been a wonderful couple of years here in Shaker and we have loved our home. We truly experienced a miracle because we had one showing a few days after the house went up and we accepted an offer a couple days after that. We are SO grateful and are truly stunned at how quickly and smoothly things have gone. We feel such a huge weight lifted off our shoulders and are so grateful that we didn't have to go through months of showings. What a blessing!! We have to be out of our house by the end of April, which is a little sooner than I had hoped, but I won't complain! Scott finishes the 23rd of April so we'll have a week to get everything packed and to Columbus. We are currently fixing things for the inspections, and will get going on the packing soon.

The weather finally started to warm up around here and it has been fabulous! We can't get enough of the gorgeous spring weather. I'm praying we don't get hit with another huge storm. The kids are loving the park and taking walks and Nathan wants to get out the door all day!

Speaking of Nathan... He turned 1 on friday! I can't even believe it. This year has honestly flown. I feel so bad that I haven't documented his milestones like a I wanted to. I wish I would have kept up better. He is just the cutest little guy though. He started walking about a month ago and he is crusing around these days. He only crawled a few weeks and he started walking really fast. He is into everything and follows Maddie and Bella around all day. They always think he is chasing them and he is a big tease already. He keeps me constantly on the run as he goes from cupboard to cupboard tearing things open, trying to get into the toilet, pulling things off the shelves, and trying to dart up the wooden stairs. Luckily no major falls off the stairs yet. He wants anything he can't have and always manages to find things the girls leave on the floor- like the markers.
He loves animals and calls all animals bears. He says "Bear", "Ball", "Ma Ma", "Da Da", "This" and "THat" while he points to things he wants. He is a great eater and wants to eat everything we eat. He is getting four molars all at the same time right now too. For his birthday Grandma Sue sent this adorable giant alligator and he loves to wrestle it. He also got this first little tikes basketball hoop from grandma Melanie. He loves it and Scott is sure he is a natural. In fact, I don't know who loves this hoop more- Nathan or Scott. I've yet to get a good picture though, so I don't have one to put up yet, but he is so cute playing basketball and does really good getting the ball in!

When Nathan was born there were 5 babies in our ward born within a few weeks. To celebrate their first birthdays we had 4 of the babies together for dinner and cupcakes. Nathan is the youngest, but biggest of the group. He is darling though.

On Nathan's actual birthday we were in Columbus looking for housing so we had a little birthday party at the hotel. The girls frosted his baseball birthday cake and he definitely dug in. Overall I can't say enough about how much we love this little boy. He has brought so much joy and fun to our lives and I can't imagine a sweeter boy. The girls love him and they are getting more into playing with him the older he gets. He is definitely full of energy and church with him is craziness, but we know he has so many great things ahead! Happy 1st birthday Nathan.



















7 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad to hear you sold your house and with such ease- that is a huge blessing! Are you going to buy again in Columbus?

When Nathan was born I thought he was a mini Scott but in these pictures he looks a lot more like you to me. Happy birthday to the little guy.

Saysha said...

:o( How I miss you! And double :o( because I haven't even met Nathan and he is ONE! Happy late birthday sweet boy! Now that we're moving to Utah I think you guys should visit Utah OFTEN. Eh?! Love ya Katie!

Christine said...

Hey cute katie! Happy bday to both scott and Nathan this month. Both are such great guys and yes Nathan is a mini you!!! Hugs and kisses to that kid. We can't wait to see him again. Love you all!

Summer said...

I'm still so amazed that you guys sold your home so fast! What is your secret?!! Really, congrats though! So exciting!

The Lunts said...

We were looking at pictures of Nate a year ago, he was sooooooo small! he is the cutest! Lots of exciting things your way!

Andrea said...

Oh MY but your kiddos are CUTE!!! Love the little man's curly hairs. :) Congrats on selling your house so easily! What a relief that must be. Happy late birthday to the men in your life. :)

taryn said...

wow, you guys have been so busy! how exciting to go to columbus! and so glad things worked out with the house. I cannot BELIEVE how big your kids are. oh, my! such little darlings.