We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! Six years- wow it has really gone fast. I already can hardly remember life without Scott in it. They have most definitely been a wonderful six years- filled with tons of traveling, dates, eating out, playing together, and some incredible memories. Six years has also brought us- 5 different cars, 4 different houses, 3 different states, and best of all 3 amazing kids. I have to say I love Scott more than I can even express. (I can't elaborate right now or I might have a break down. We've been apart for two weeks now and we have many more to go. I'm missing him like crazy.) I truly couldn't ask for a better husband and think we have grown together in so many ways these past six years. To celebrate our anniversary we left the girls with some friends and went and saw the Kirtland sights together and had a nice little lunch. Alone time with Scott has been scarce the past few months with a new baby, getting ready for boards, etc. so it was truly a treat to be together. The church history sights are always inspiring and wonderful. We loved living in the Nauvoo Stake and now in the Kirtland Stake. We've had some very memorable experiences and have a deep appreciation for the early saints.
We also celebrated Maddie and Bella's 3rd Birthday. They requested a Dress up- princess party so that is what we did. They were darling little princesses and were so thrilled about their giant cupcake cakes. A few little friends came over and they all dressed up like princesses. We decorated purses, did make up and nails, and had pizza, watermelon, and cake and icecream. All their favorites. It was definitely all girl! I love my two princesses who are growing up on me so fast!
The kids and I are now enjoying our time in Utah while Scott works hard on his rotations. We miss him and we are so glad we can be here to enjoy the summer with family. We've had a blast. We've been here two weeks and have already packed things in. Here's what we've been up to...
-flying on the airplane with three kids by myself. Thank goodness everyone did well.
-tons of swimming, swinging and playing in Grandma's wonderful yard!
-enoying family dinners and play time with the cousins
-Maddie and Bella getting spoiled with presents for their birthday from all our family
-a visit with my dear old BFF Leash and her 2 cute boys
-watching the 24th of July parade and enjoying a gourmet breakfast buffet with the Lunt's
-a swimming party and barbeque with our extended family- the Gibbs and Childs.
-a trip to Discovery Gateway with Sarah and her boys
-the Kenny Chesney concert with sisters
-seeing Grandma Melanie, Aunt Lacey, McCall, and Natalie and watching Aunt Gentry Cheerleading
-bow making with Sydney. She is so creative!!
-2 wonderful playdates with my most wonderful friend Tobey and her kids. The girls were excited to be with Addie and we had such a fun time at Liberty park yesterday!
-a session at the Jordan River Temple with Sarah and having Elder Oaks in our session with us.
-catching up with another incredible friend from back in the day- Liz (Deb) Debry. You look fabulous Deb!
-having everyone adore our darling Nathan. What a great little guy he is. His constant smiles are just the best. The poor thing is taking after his dad and has has lost a lot of his hair since we've come (Sorry hon. Love you. :) ) I hope it grows back soon because it was so cute. He's been great though and I can't get enough of that sweet boy.
I'd say it has been a good two weeks that is for sure! I am so grateful for all the help from my family. I don't know how we'd make it without them all! I am so glad to be here while we are apart from Scott. I miss you babe and can't wait to see you...



4 comments:
Miss you guys! Can't wait to have everything settled, husbands back, and start up some play dates again! Have fun in Utah.
We miss you too! Sounds like you are having a great time with your family!
I know all about being apart, it is sooo hard! I am glad you are having fun in Utah and can't wait to see you next week and to meet your little Nathan!
Happy birthday, sweet girls! It looks like you did a super job with their party, Katie. Way to go!
Post a Comment