There isn't a fourth of July parade around here which we thought was kind of strange, but they did one for Memorial Day so that is probably why. We had a fun barbeque with some friends and Scott grilled us some delicious steak and chicken. He's quite the grill master these days. He made ribs today! Scott took the girls to see the fireworks last night and they were very excited that they were big enough to stay up and go. I stayed home with Nathan and our neighbor's baby, but I'm glad Scott could have a special little date with the girls.
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Happy Fourth!
God bless the USA. I love patriotic holidays. The Fourth of July is always wonderful. We're so grateful for our country! We missed our families and celebrating in Oalkey but we had a fun day of festivities. We went to our ward breakfast and bike parade in the morning. THe girls were all decked out and we decorated their bikes. These bikes are so cute. Grandma Melanie and Grandpa Randy gave them to the girls and they were really excited to ride them in the bike parade with all the kids. Unfortunately the bikes are still a little tricky for them to ride by themselves. They are a bit heavy and they sit far back from the pedals so it is hard to get going. They are getting the hang of it, but just need a little more leg muscles. :) So, Scott and I ended up pushing them around the parking lot in the bike parade, but they were sure thrilled.
There isn't a fourth of July parade around here which we thought was kind of strange, but they did one for Memorial Day so that is probably why. We had a fun barbeque with some friends and Scott grilled us some delicious steak and chicken. He's quite the grill master these days. He made ribs today! Scott took the girls to see the fireworks last night and they were very excited that they were big enough to stay up and go. I stayed home with Nathan and our neighbor's baby, but I'm glad Scott could have a special little date with the girls.

There isn't a fourth of July parade around here which we thought was kind of strange, but they did one for Memorial Day so that is probably why. We had a fun barbeque with some friends and Scott grilled us some delicious steak and chicken. He's quite the grill master these days. He made ribs today! Scott took the girls to see the fireworks last night and they were very excited that they were big enough to stay up and go. I stayed home with Nathan and our neighbor's baby, but I'm glad Scott could have a special little date with the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I wish we would be in Utah while you were there again, but maybe we'll catch you in December? This is the 50th anniversary of CAW and there's some alumni bash/perhaps choreography going on and I'd LOVE to see all of MAHAK. Any chance you'll come out Dec 5 to Utah? We're checking ticket prices. Your family is amazing. I'm sure glad toddlers sleep- it really is one of the only times you remember why you love them so much and do this mom thing. Good luck with finishing potty training!
Did I mention I loved the girls dresses!?!
We also used to go to Oakley for the Rodeo!! Well when I was like 10....maybe we saw each other and didn't know it :) And deffinately good luck with potty training. I hear girls are easier, BUT no fun with 3 in diapers! How expensive! And daunting....as they say in Yo Gabba Gabba..."Don't give up, never give up" it WILL eventually come. That maybe the new happiest day of your life. Lol! =)
Cutest pictures on the planet. I can't wait to meet your little boy, I love that he has the biggest smile! He seems so HAPPY! Everyone's outfits are so fun too! What a darling family!
Post a Comment