Sunday, February 08, 2009

Don't Complain

I've learned my lesson not to be ungrateful. After I complained last week about our house issues this week it only got worse. The gutter on the front of our house completely fell off and took out the porch light, some of the roof, and the bushes below. The weight of ice that had built up did it in! The same night a pipe broke and is leaking underneath our kitchen sink. Remember how we had to have a policeman break into our car after I locked the girls in there with the keys? Well, now the door won't open from the outside. After all of these events I keep reminding myself that this is just "stuff" and it doesn't REALLY matter in the scheme of things right?

On a happier note, I'm sitting here listening to Maddie and Bella giggling hysterically in their beds. I put them to bed a half an hour ago, but as the nightly ritual goes they sing songs and play for a while until they actually go to sleep. Tonight they are pretty crazy up there though. I can hear one of them saying, "No, no we don't get out of our beds." I love listening to the silly things they talk about and the games they play with each other. Maybe when they are teenagers I'll secretly hide a monitor in their room and then I'll be able to get the scoop on what they are really up to!

My other sweet Maddie and Bella moment for the day was on the way to church we were listening to this eternal family CD that my mom gave us. It has primary songs sung by little kids. There is a new song called "The Family is of God" and it is the girls' favorite. We have to put it on repeat over and over. There are few things sweeter than listening to two little 2 year old voices singing this... "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how He shares His love. For the family is of God." If you haven't heard this song yet, it is beautiful. I got all teary listening to their innocent little voices. I love those girls SO much- though I'd better go enforce bedtime. It sounds like they've moved on to jumping on the beds!

6 comments:

Melissa Moss said...

That is such a sweet post, especially hearing the music in the background with it, how cute! Although I am sorry about your house! Not fun! PS We need to get together!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Oh Katie, doesn't it seem like everything always breaks down at the same time? I'm so sorry! I hope it all gets figured out before the baby comes!
That is so cute about Maddie and Bella!

taryn said...

hilarious. you should write a book someday with all the cute things those girls do and say. keeps those kind of stories coming! (sorry about the other troubles)

Natalie said...

That sounds EXACTLY like bedtime at our house! I can't believe we haven't seen you guys yet!! Let's change that fast!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about all the crazy things that've been going on around your house! That's not fun at all! Thank goodness for cute little girls to help us keep our perspective. Plus, you just always seem to be able to have a good attitude about things. we hope you guys are well.

Christine said...

aaahhh! Life has been crazy for you guys. Well for sure you've had your share of events at your house so by the time the baby comes it will be smooth saiing:) Miss you!