It is about time I updated. I have been waiting to get some pictures off my camera, but haven't been able to because my camera broke on our trip. I have such bad luck with cameras. I've got to get it into a repair place. I'll add some pictures when I get them....
We are back to snowy Cleveland after a wonderful holiday trip to see our family and friends. It is always good to get back to the routine, but we miss everyone already. We were truly spoiled and loved spending time with everyone. We flew into Vegas where we celebrated Scott's mom's birthday at Cheesecake Factory. We spent the next few days hanging out with the family- playing games, eating delicious food, getting attacked by a huge herd of geese and ducks, and just relaxing with everyone. The girls provided all sorts of entertainment by putting on shows and doing Irish dancing for everyone.
We headed up to Salt Lake for the annual Lunt Girls' (and Dad) excursion to Ballet West's Nutcracker. We've done that for so many years and it is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. We took the girls down to see the lights on temple square- and though it was a quick, cold visit, it was fun as well. It had been years since we'd seen them. We spent Christmas Eve and day being with family, opening presents, and enjoying the holiday. It was truly wonderful!
We were only in SL for a couple days but got to see our dear friends the Hintons. We just love them! We also got to spend a few minutes with the darling Nielson fam- our close friends from Kirksville. They are living the life in sunny Arizona and we totally miss them!! We had a semi- Mahak gathering (minus Alex and Hill) and it was so great to catch up and visit these beautiful and talented friends! I love them all! There is nothing like getting together with old friends. I'm so grateful for them.
We headed back to St. George for a night and then said goodbye to Scott who came back for rotations. Mike and Chantele picked the girls and I up and drove us to Capistrano for a fabulous week at the beach. It was so fun for the girls to play with their cousins and see their aunts, uncles, and grandma and grandpa. Thanks everyone for your help!! We had beach time, Maddie and Bella's first trip to Disneyland, a trip to the aquarium and lots of family fun. I treasure this tradition and love watching our family grow up and get older and bigger. Thank you Mom and Dad for everything!
We are back home, and happy to be with Scott again! We missed him! We are adjusting into normal life, though we've had so much snow that I think it may be a long winter! Poor Scott is spending hours and hours shoveling our long driveway to get our cars back to the garage! Someday, a snowblower has got to be on the shopping list!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
sounds like such a fun holiday. hopefully you can get your camera working. i cant wait to see pics.
You had a busy and fun holiday!! I love that beach house in Cali, good memories!!
Post a Comment