Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy Fourth!

This was the first fourth of July in a long time that we didn't go to Oakley with the fam for the parade and rodeo. Holidays always make me feel homesick, but we had such a fun time here with friends that have become our family! We started off the day with a ward pancake breakfast. The girls were looking very festive for the occasion. (Yes, these are the same shirts they wore for the fourth of July last year!! I swear they are growing!)


Later in the afternoon we went to the parade downtown. No offense to our little Kirksville, but the parade was pretty weak! We asked Maddie what she thought of the parade and she said, "Parade had trucks!" That about sums it up... No marching bands, no real floats. It is a good thing it was an election year because if it weren't then there couldn't have been a parade! It was mostly people who were running for things passing out flyers. :) We all still enjoyed it though.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Lunts said...

At least you guys had a parade I dont think our city did.. haha, I cant believe how old your girls look in the pictures at the temple, they do look so pretty!

Heidi said...

I have missed out on my family's tradition of going to the Oakley rodeo two years now! I miss it. It's nice to make new memories/traditions though too.