Here are some of my current projects...
This is my first ever quilting project. All those tiny squares were quite the process, and it actually doesn't look that great clos up, but I'm learning. My friend Jessica is a talented quilter so she taught a few of us the techniques on this. I learned to embroider, and then to piece together the quilt, hand quilt, and do the binding. I really enjoyed it and want to do more quilting in the future.
This is one that I'm so excited about. It is our BLOG BOOK! I did it through blurb.com where you can just import your blog and then you format the pages. It actually didn't take very long. I worked on a page or two at a time forever, but then Jessica inspired me with her finished book, so I finished it in a couple of days, and it really was fast! It is such a great thing to have. The quality is wonderful too. It looks very professional and it is so nice to have out blog in a hardbound book that will last forever. I've decided to start doing the girl's scrapbook this way as well. I've been doing it digitally, but by the time I buy the photo paper, sheet protectors, and all the ink, it gets expensive. You can make any kind of book on blurb so I think this will be a good way to do their album. We stared our blog in May of 2006 so it if fun to look back at all the entries from just before the girls were born.
I made frames! I have painted them or gotten the mat/glass or even the pictures yet, but this was a fun new thing to try so I thought I'd post it. My friend Betsy is an incredible photographer and she did our family pictures last year. She makes frames all the time so she taught a few of us how to do it. We went and bought the wood and used the power tools and everything! I was pretty proud of myself! I'll post these when they are finished.
Anway, I think it is nice to have a few things to work on to learn new skills or just to develop talents. I loved Elder Ballard's talk for young mothers in conference! He was totally speaking to me! I thought it was great how he said to pick a couple of things to learn or work on. Good advice! :)




5 comments:
how fun! Love all the projects. You are inspiring me to get some hobbies....I think I'll try the blog book. You'll have to email me your tips!
I have been wanting to do that blog book forever but am a little overwhelmed since I have had the blog so long and also I blog frequently. If you don't mind me asking- how much did it cost?
the blog book turned out so nice. good to know that it is good quality. i need to order mine. that is so cool that you made frames. what a cool skill to have. i too love projects. it is such a fun thing to do during down time. which has been less lately. i started my thank you cards for baby stuff, but haven't been able to finish them. sad!
As always, I am in complete awe of you! An amazing mother AND you have skills! Who knew! This is why I'm not a homebody as I have zero skills, but I too love the blurb.com site and think it's a fabulous idea! Definitely cheaper and easier than scrapbooking!
I love all of your little projects. I wish I was as creative and talented! The quilt is beautiful! I also am starting my blog book on blurb but its taking me a long time. I love the cover of yours!
Post a Comment