Friday, July 27, 2007

A wonderful read



While I was in St. George my in-laws recommended a book and I have to write about it because it was one of the most incredible stories I have ever read. It is called Left To Tell. It is written by a woman who survived the Rwandan genocide in the nineties and her story is totally inspiring. The things that the people went through were absolutely horrific, but the amazing thing about this book is that she explains how she relied on God through everything and ultimately was able to forgive the people who killed many of her friends and family. I couldn't put it down and it was a really quick read. Very motivational so I recommend it to everyone!

8 comments:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

I totally want to read it! I recently read "An Ordinary Man" by Paul (I forgot his last name)- the man who helped save all those people from getting killed at the Hotel Milles Colines. He was the real Hotel Rwanda guy. It is also really inspiring and quick if you feel like another Rwanda book.

mattnbeth said...

maybe i should start reading at night since im getting no sleep! thanks for the recommendation. ill have to check it out!

Chelsea said...

Hi Katie, This is Chelsea Logan. It is so fun to read your blog. Would you recommend this for a ward book club?

Scott and Katie said...

Chelsea, I would definitely recommend it for a book club. It is really inspirational and it is so amazing how she relies on Christ to get through everything.

Jo said...

Funny thing about this book is my mom finished reading it last week and has been telling me every day to read it. She ended up buying me a copy and I started reading it last night! Great minds think alike in our family, eh? :)

Andrea said...

Sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it. :)

The Lambs said...

Katie- I'm glad you're home safe and sound. I've heard excellent things about that book too and can't wait to read it. I'm reading one by Enzyo Bushe that's excellent as well. I'll have to let you knwo how it goes. The pic of the girls tubbing in the sink is priceless! I'm sorry about your anniversary movie power outage. I hope you fins a minute or two to celebrate.

Saysha said...

Nate's mom loved the book and highly recommended it. She told us a lot about it, and it sounds so amazing. I'm glad you reminded me..I'll have to read it for sure!