Thursday, July 26, 2007

What a month!

Well, I've been away from the blogging world for a month or so, and so much has happened at the Rynearson house. We spent most of our July in Utah with family and friends and it was so wonderful! We celebrated the Fourth of July with my family in Oakley, where we saw the parade and went to the rodeo.


We all took a little hay ride and a highlight was the play put on by all the cousins. It was darling! The kids all had matching Red shirts for the festivities. We even had a birthday party for the girls there. Here they are about to jump into the little bug cakes I made. (Thanks for the cute idea Tar!)


It was such a blast to have my entire family together! It worked out so good that we could all be there! We love and miss you all!

We spent the next week in SLC and loved seeing our friends and family. We were spoiled of course! Maddie took her first few steps, and I think both the girls will probably start walking in the next few weeks or months. Kind of fun, but kind of scary too! Scott and the boys did some golfing and a little work on Sarah and Josh's new house in Holladay. We went out and saw Mike and Chantele's darling apartment and made a trip to IKEA. It was like an amusement park for adults! Pretty fun! The Jackmans came down from Logan to hang out with us as well and I loved having quality sister time! We did lots of swimming and playing outside in the grass ( a luxury we rarely enjoy in MO because of the ticks) Here are the girls playing in Grandma Sue's sink.



We also got to see lots of old friends that we miss, so that was a highlight for us! We had a MAHAK reunion, a DIVA game night, a visit to the hospital to see Sarah Ames and her new twins, a visit with Laura, Ash and hubbies, some quality time with Deb, play time with the Hintons, and a trip to Provo to see the Morgan, Whitney, and Hill and lunch with Blythe. It was the best!!
We then headed down to St. George for some time with Scott's family. It was fun to just relax and hang out with the fam. It was Scott and my fourth anniversary while we were there! I can't believe it has been four years. They've been incredible, and when I look at how much has changed in four years, it is amazing. For our anniversary we went to see Harry Potter (our first movie together in the theater in over a year!) and about 30 minutes into the movie the power went out in St. George. It stayed out for the next six hours so we didn't end up getting to see the movie or go to dinner. We were a little disapointed, but we spent the night playing games with the family in a warm (no AC) house till the power came back! We have plans to make up for it soon and still celebrate our anniversary!
Scott's family loved playing with the girls and we celebrated their first birthday again! We went to Pizza Factory for dinner where they made them pizzas shaped like the number 1.




My good friend Becca came to visit us from Las Vegas and we had fun swimming at her parents pool and catching up. The highlight of our time in St. George was that Scott's little brother Matt came home from his Mission to the Philippines. It was so fun to see him. He was an incredible missionary. He didn't get home until 11:30 friday night, so they went and picked up Alberto's Mexican food and we all sat outside and caught up. It was a late night for everyone! His talk on Sunday was so great, and we were so proud of him. We are glad Matt is back and hope he'll come visit us soon! Melanie had an amazing feast after church (like she always does) and it was a wonderful weekend.
Scott's entire extended family came into town for the weekend so we got to be with everyone and celebrate Randy's 50th birthday together. We love Grandpa Randy! It was so fun to watch him play with the girls and they just loved him!



Here are the girls with Great Grandma and Grandpa Hammond. I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures, but I've just realized I don't have any pictures of the girls with Matt or Randy. Hopefully his family took some, so send me them please! I didn't take very many pictures the entire trip, so I want pictures from everyone we saw okay?
While we were in Utah my wonderful sister Sarah had her baby, Benjamin David Bradley, and he passed away a couple of hours later. We were all so heartbroken and our thoughts and prayers are still with them. We were grateful to extend our trip a couple of days so we could be there for the graveside service. It was such a tender time. Bradley's, we love you all so much and are thinking of you. They got some beautiful pictures taken and I wish I had one to post.
Here are the Lunt men (minus Dad and Dan) enjoying the Patio after the service.


Well, We have made it back to Kirksville and are adjusting to regular life with Scott in school. The girls and I have had so much attention and people around. I think they are going to get a little bored. We are always up for visitors so come find us in Missouri! Thanks to all of you for a wonderful visit in Utah.





13 comments:

The Posse said...

Sounds like you guys had a great vacation! Your girls are absolutely adorable and I love the little cakes you made them! How fun. I'm glad you had a good time, but we're glad to have you back in town ;).

mattnbeth said...

welcome home! i cant believe your girls are already one and walking! crazy how time flies. they are so adorable. it looks like you had a great month and packed in a lot of quality time with both families and friends. how lucky for them all to see you and your girls. good luck getting back into the swing of things. i love all the pictures. so so so cute.

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Sounds like your vacation was fabuluous. So sorry about your nephew. He must have been an angel- perfect enough to go home so quickly. Can you send me the MAHAK photos? I didn't have my camera that day and I'm dying to see some. Thanks!!! XOXOXOXO!

blythe said...

Wow, what a post! I didn't realize how much you guys packed in. I'm so glad I got to see you and your girls. They are adorable. I love the cute cakes you made for their birthday. Happy 4 years to you and Scott! Crazy that it has been that long. I'm glad you had a fun time.

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

BTW, how did you make those cakes? Bug cut out pans? Do tell. They are SOOOOOOO cute!

Ben and Keenan said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable. I loved reading about your family and your many travels. Happy first birthday girls!

Take care, Keenan

Heidi said...

Those cakes are so cute and fun, I can't believe the twins are already one!!! Sounds like such a fun time in Utah, I wish I could take a month long break to visit everyone too.

I am sorry to hear about your nephew. Was he stillborn?

The Lunts said...

Hi guys! We love to see all your fun pictures!! We had so much fun with you guys here and we cant wait to see you soon, hopefully in the next couple of months!!

Lauren said...

Wow- what a month. That's what you needed to gear up for another year in MO. It was so fun to see you and your goregous girls! Come back soon.

Morgan said...

it was so fun to see you and your precious little girls. I'm glad you had a successful summer of vacations and got to spend so much time with family, especially when you live so far and out in the boonies! The girl's b-day cakes are adorable! Hope you're getting settled back in to life.

Morgan said...

oh, and also, I'm so sorry about your little nephew, that is so sad. Was it expected? I guess even if it was, that never makes it any easier!

whitney said...

wow, what a crazy month! it was so fun to see you! good luck with your second year of medical school. :)

Anonymous said...

They are so very cute. Sounds like you guys had a very fun trip. I am a little jealous you got to see the new babies. HAppy birthday to the girls.