Hooray for BYU folk dance! I just got the Folk Dancer Newsletter (great job Em) in my email and it got me feeling all nostaligic about my fun folk dance times! I have some of the greatest memories and experiences from folk dance and met some of my best friends in the world through it. It sounds like the current team had an incredible tour last summer and I can't believe they are going to Italy this summer! When I saw that I was so jealous! Anyway, I got remembering the midsemester tours with the constant set up, perform, strike, drive with silly games along the way. I remembered the incredible guest choreographers we worked with, the countless hours at CAW, the ambassadors we performed for, the firesides we did, the elementary schools of course (yay SPAC), and the incredible tour performances and festivals. We met people we'll never forget and I love and miss all you folk dancers! Here are a few pictures.
With the Mexican group at the Schoten, Belgium festival.
IFDE in Geneva.
My cute husband doing tech so he could come with us on tour. Getting ready for Cry of the Celts in France.
Flamenco ladies!
6 comments:
Katie, that is so funny, Nate was just reading the newsletter to me right before I checked this and I was feeling jealous too about them going to Italy. I have always wanted to go there. Folk dance was nothing but good times. That reminds me, you know how a lot of people uploaded their pics onto Jon Woods laptop? Well we did, and we never got them, and now, after looking at a few of yours, I really want them. I'm sure he doesn't have them any more...sad. I will have to check anyway.
So fun to see these pictures as I never had! I love looking back on the good old college days.
One day you will be looking back at the good old DO school days ;-)
oh, that makes me so happy to look at those pictures! (even though it wasn't from my pac years :) man, folk dance was one of the funnest and coolest parts of my life. what great memories and what awesome lifelong friends we've made! :)
I love the pictures, I don't think I have seen many of your Folk pics! You look like a babe in all of them! Fun memories!
You are way to cute Katie! It looks like you had a great time. When are you going to dance for us? Talent show? Lessons? C'mon - share your talents!!!
hey katie...it's LT!! i love the pics, and i love that you've had a recent little twinge of nostalgia for the team. i've been feeling the same way! just in sacrament meeting today one of the speakers spoke of local government officials she was close friends with who were invited to the mid-semester tour to southern california this past february. the couple was so impressed they were talking about it days afterwards, telling all their family and friends about the group. they eventually made a donation to the alumni association for team scholarships. i know it wasn't OUR hopak leap-run-runs or fabulous irish curly wigs on stage doing the work, but it gave me such a feeling of warmth to think that we may have had the same effect on our audiences. ...and all that while having the time of our lives!!
i miss you and hope you're doing well! keep the pics of your little girls coming!
Post a Comment