Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Update




This picture was taken the other day at the park. A bunch of us got together for a picnic with the kids to celebrate that it is finally warm here! We hope it lasts! The girls are totally covered up to avoid sunburn, but with that fair skin from mom and dad, it is inevitable. It was so fun to chat with everyone and I'm grateful for great friends here in Kirksville! I don't really have any other new pictures lately. I've made some videos of the girls but haven't been able to get them onto our computer yet. Hopefully soon.

Anyway, Scott spent the weekend in Philadelphia at a SOSA (Student Osteopathic Surgical Association) convention. He went with some other guys from school and had a great time. They went to different presentations and workshops to learn about different surgical specialties and techniques. Scott is the President of this club at his school for this next year, and he will be awesome! I was jealous because they went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art which I would have loved! The bad weather put a damper on some of the historic sightseeing and made it so he had to stay an extra day because his flight was cancelled. We missed him and are sooo happy to have him home.

The girls and I tried to keep busy this weekend without Dad. We went to Columbia for a little shopping on friday. Saturday Betsy Bulkley (a photographer in our ward) did pictures of the girls. Those stinkers wouldn't smile, but I'm sure she got some other cute shots. She has a blog that she is going to post some of the pictures on, so I'll let you know when she does. We also went on a few walks and had Stake Conference.

I read both Twighlight and A New Moon by Stephanie Meyers to take up my free time. I have to say that they were fun, very quick reads that I totally got into. It was a good thing to keep me busy!

The girls are doing great and are learning new things every day. They are both teething of course and oddly enough have one tooth each in the same spot. They were both so fussy today and Scott and I noticed tonight that they are both getting another tooth in the same spot. They must be twins! They have also just started to crawl and it is super cute! Bella does more of an army crawl, but looks like she is trying to crawl like Maddie does (the regular way). My world is about to change that's for sure! Maddie can now pull herself up and stands up while holding the side of her crib. This has caused a bit of a struggle at nap time because she pulls up and then gets stuck and cries. Last night I peeked through the door because they were talking up in the cribs forever and Maddie was standing on the edge of her crib looking over at Bella. Bella was laying there talking with her and probably trying to figure out how she was standing like that! They are our little angels though and make us so happy!

Well, there you have our update. Kind of long... sorry! We love and miss our family and friends, and we'll post new pictures soon!

13 comments:

Ames Family said...

Katie I found myself giggling while I was reading this cute post!! I love that they are talking to each other across the room and how Bella was wondering how Maddie was able to get up like that- SO CUTE!!

mattnbeth said...

wow sounds like you guys are busy! thats exciting. good to hear from you!

Heidi said...

The photo you posted isn't showing up, at least for me. I will have to check back later.

I always love an update, cool that Scott went to Philly, I have never been there. I am glad you liked the Twilight books!

It is fun to imagine the girls chatting it up before bedtime. I think this is just the beginning of late night talks for those two...

Morgan said...

that is the cutest thing about them talking at night. I love it! Asher is doing the army crawl like Bella. It's so funny. I think he would rather walk than crawl, but he is so far from that. Isn't it crazy to think how big and grown up they are getting. It seems like they were all newborns just yesterday!

Lauren said...

I love the stories about your girls, that sounds so much like the stories I hear from my mom about me and Taryn.

I hope to see the girls when you're here in May.

Lauren said...

and you of course!

whitney said...

that's so cute that they were talking to each other! they're going to be best friends. they're already staying up late for girl chats. :) totally precious girls!

blythe said...

I'm excited to see you all in May too! I'm glad its getting warmer out there. Thanks for sharing your cute stories about your babies.

The Wilkins' said...

Such cute little tidbits, Katie! I am excited to see their pictures by Betsy. They are the best little sisters. Speaking of s-i-s-t-e-r-s ... I'm workin on it! :)

taryn said...

Gotta love those crib stories! You've got to get a hidden camera in there to get those conversations on tape! classic! You are so lucky to have twins!

Kelly said...

Katie--your girls are so cute!! I wish it was nice out so I could take my girl to the park. It snowed here in Utah last week so enjoy the nice weather
-Kelly Sperry-

Abby said...

Katie did that burkley girl used to live in Logan? My doctor had pictures in his office of his fam and they said Burkley Photography on them. Hmmm crazy

Scott and Katie said...

Abby, I believe her brother is an OB in Logan... that is probably why!