Sunday, December 10, 2006

Missouri is Cold!

I never knew it, but it sure gets cold around here! Last week we had an ice storm. We are very grateful for a 2 car garage. A couple of Scott's friends had to thaw their car doors with a blow dryer. After an hour of work to get it open, it then got stuck and wouldn't shut! We went to Nauvoo for Ward Temple day yesterday and I got thinking about how amazing those early saints were to go west. A lot of the Mississippi was frozen and it looked so cold. I couldn't even imagine crossing it. I can appreciate a little more of what they went through, and I'm inspired by their many sacrifices for the gospel. We love going to the Nauvoo temple!

Well, we have been recovering from being sick at our house. It is the season! I think we are all finally feeling mostly better. It is not so fun to have sick babies! I wanted to post this picture because you can really tell who is who. In a lot of pictures they look really similar and when we were visiting Utah over Thanksgiving it was hard for everyone to tell the girls apart. In this picture you can tell that their head shapes are different and that they each have their own look. Bella is on the left and Maddie is on the right with the big smile. We love our adorable girls!

We are in the Holiday mood around here. We've got up our decorations and our tree. We are so excited to go to St. George next Sunday and then on to California. Hooray for the holidays, family, friends, great music, and yummy treats! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

blythe said...

Katie, they are just so beautiful. They really do look different in this pic but in person I still don't think I would be able to tell them apart. It must be so nice to get to go to the temple every once in a while. Who watches your girls? Have fun in St. George. I'm sad I won't be able to see you.

Heidi said...

Yes they do look a little different but they are still so similar! I still might get confused in the future.

That is awesome how often you get to go the Nauvoo temple and reflect on the amazing pioneer saints and early church members, must be a wonderful experience for you guys each time.

Ames Family said...

This is such a cute picture! It sounds like they have such fun personalities. I can tell a slight difference in their faces, buy yes...a slight difference! Hooray for twins! :)

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! I love it! Cute picture!