It is amazing... the girls are both asleep at the same time, and neither one is in my arms! Naturally I started running around the house thinking what should I do first... the laundry, the dishes, etc etc. Then I decided... the BLOG! It is great, I got to luxuriously check my email, read my friends blogs, and even chat for a second with Heidi and Tar. The girls are starting to sleep more at the same time every now and then, so I'm starting to have a few minutes a day to actually get something done. It is a novel idea really! I don't quite know where to begin!
We are doing great. Happy and healthy (minus the colds that we are recovering from) and hanging out in Missouri. Scott is doing so well in school. He does great on all his tests, so I'm thinking that maybe he is spending too much time studying and needs to start relaxing at home a bit more! No, but he really is liking school and doing great. He's the best dad too. The girls love him.
They are getting bigger and bigger. They had their 2 month apointment last week and weighed in at 9 lbs 14 oz and 10 lbs 5 oz. They are in the 10-25 % in everything. They had to get 3 shots, so naturally Dad took care of this. I could not have handled it. The whole rest of the day they were so sad and would cry in pain, and it made me want to cry too!
We just got back from institute which is held on campus every thursday. All the med students and the wives and kids go during lunch for an hour. The teacher is the Stake President in Columbia and is great! It is a fun outing, and nice to have a spiritual boost during the week.
I started a little lunch group with the other LDS girls and it has been fun. I like sharing baby stories and learning new sleeping tips etc. There are a lot of really great people. One girl has twins that are a couple months older than mine, so she tells me what is ahead. She said that it is getting easier and easier, and that is how I feel too.
We got to go do sealings at the Nauvoo temple last weekend and it was great. The temple is gorgeous. I love being out in this historical area. Scott got to clean temple and got a tour through all the rooms and stuff. He even cleaned up in the bell tower right under angel Moroni!
This weekend my sister Sarah and her two boys, Jacob and Andrew, are coming for a visit! We are sooo excited. We are going to make conference soup of course, so I'm glad she will be here to carry on the tradition with me. They are coming from Indiana, so hopefully the drive will be okay! I'm gearing up to take the girls on an adventure to Indianapolis one of these days.
Also of note is that one of our friends, Alice Feathers, from our old apartments in Provo passed away a couple of weeks ago. We wished we could have been there. She had lived at Suncrest for many years and had a lot of health problems. I was assigned as her visiting teacher when we first moved in, and we really became close with her. She suffered a lot physically and emotionally, so we know that she is much happier now. It makes you reflect on what is most important in life. Family, Friends and the Gospel!
Well, I hear some stirring... it is feeding time. One of these days I'll have to post a picture of me and the girls on the pink nursing pillow. It is how we spend a lot of our days, (and nights too) so it needs to be recorded...
We miss our friends and family that are scattered all over the place, but know that we think of you often and love you. We are blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives and we are grateful for you all!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It was great to chat with you a little today! I think it's so cool you guys are living in that area and so able to feel the spirit of the pioneers and the history of Nauvoo. I really need to take a trip to that temple while you guys are near!
I am glad things are getting easier. We wish you the best always, and thanks for the great blog update!
Katie, I am so glad things are going well for you guys. We are talking about doing the whole church history tour soon so we will have to stop by and say hi. I was sad to hear about Alice, what did she pass away from? Health? She was so sweet but you are right, she probably is much happier now.
Have a great conference weekend--what is conference soup?
Love you
I couldn't believe that you actually had a few minutes to chat! But, it was so great! I miss you so much--I'm so happy that things are going so well in Missouri and that you are having so much fun with other mommy friends! I think I need to have a baby so that I can join the mommy group.
Thanks for the update and pictures that you are so good about posting!
Post a Comment